Angliss & Colohan, P.C. - About Our Firm
Long-term relationships are built on trust, integrity and professionalism. Here is how we build those relationships.
Our Firm's History
David H. Angliss is a Certified Public Accountant licensed in Connecticut and Rhode Island in public accounting since 1972. David opened his own firm in Rocky Hill, Connecticut in 1990. His mission is to support individual and business clients with expert financial management and personal attention.
Our Client Base
David and his staff work with individuals, families, and business clients. Most of the firm's business clients are closely held companies in the construction, manufacturing, wholesale distribution, insurance and service industries.
What Makes Us Special?
At Angliss & Colohan, P.C., we approach our clients' accounting needs in a holistic way. That means we:
- Support our clients in achieving their business or personal finance goals, beyond just "tax time."
- Advise, recommend and guide them throughout the personal or business financial cycle.
- Crunch the numbers at tax time to provide fair, equitable personal and business tax returns.
- Make referrals to trusted advisers when they need other professional services such as legal, insurance, real estate or financial planning.
Commitment to Our Clients
David and his staff are committed to giving the clients Close Personal Attention. That means being responsive to clients' needs, and building long-term relationships based on dependability, trust, integrity and professionalism. We must be doing something right. Most of our clients have been with us for many years.
David's expertise, his staff's experience, and their internal computerized systems make sure every transaction on behalf of every client is fair, correct, and within the law.
David and his staff accountants undergo the Quality Control Procedures of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants as administered by the Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants and the office of the Connecticut Secretary of State.
About David H. Angliss
David is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in Connecticut and Rhode Island. David has been in public accounting since 1972 and has operated his own firm in Rocky Hill, Connecticut since 1990. He is a member of the Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and has received recognition as a Paul Harris Fellow.
An active member of his community, David's service activities include:
- Active in the Wethersfield-Rocky Hill Rotary Club; served as its Treasurer and President.
- President and Treasurer of the Helping Hand Fund, which grants scholarships to students at Wethersfield and Rocky Hill high schools.
- Finance Committee of Hartford Area Habitat for Humanity; Past Treasurer.
- Past District Treasurer for Rotary District 7890 in Connecticut.
- Past Vice President of Finance for Cheshire High School Marching Ram Band Parent Association.
- David lives in Cheshire with his wife, Laura. David and Laura have two grown children, Nathan and Gillian. When not at work, David spends his free time boating, playing golf, and enjoying other various outdoor activities with family and friends.
About the Staff
David employs professional and administrative staff to make sure every client receives close personal attention: three full time CPA's, one full-time accountant, one part-time accountant, and one full-time office administrator.
Their specific talents include public accounting, organization and administrative skills, and software training skills. Everyone who works at Angliss & Colohan, P.C., is dedicated to providing clients with dependable service and support. Most of our professional and support staff are longtime team members.
We would like to put our experience and expertise to work for you.